Brands have forgotten what being 'social' actually means and need to put more effort into 'working the room' on social media, says Rena Varsani, head of copy, Rufus Leonard.
Engine's rebel shareholders were threatening to derail its £100 million deal to sell to the US private-equity company Lake Capital as Campaign went to press.
Disney has kicked off a search for an agency to handle its UK CRM work.
Albion has sold a majority stake to the MDC Partners-owned agency Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal & Partners.
Anjelica Huston and other celebrities known for having a comfortable and unique style form the backbone of Gap's autumn campaign.
McDonald's is highlighting its efforts to work with British and Irish farmers "who care" about the welfare of their livestock and the quality of their produce, in a TV ad that champions the positive impact of the brand on society.
Nike has promoted Neil Potter to a newly-created UK digital brand director role, in a possible sign that it will step up its UK digital activity.
Peter Andre has been recruited as the new face of Iceland, the frozen food retailer, which will roll out TV ads featuring the former pop star.
Low-cost airline Ryanair has appointed John Hurley as chief technology officer, as the airline seeks to up its investment in digital marketing and new product development.
Coca-Cola Life, the brand's new lower-calorie drink, has rolled out to stores, with its UK and Ireland boss saying the product proves Coke's commitment to tackling the "challenge of obesity".
Counting down the 10 most-recalled ads, in association with TNS and Ebiquity.
Marketing, with the help of social media experts Unruly, showcases three must-watch branded Vines from Best Buy, Kidspot and the San Francisco 49ers.
Explore Brand Republic
Infographics & data
Research-driven webcasts, expert reports, surveys and videos covering the most pressing issues in marketing, media and advertising.
Masculinity has slowly evolved from a position of male privilege. Femini...
77% of consumers consult online reviews before buying, and 63% are more ...
Research has shown that 67% of participants have problems delivering ema...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)
Job of the WeekSponsored by Sky
by Bhavesh Vaghela, 21/08/2014
by Tara Beard-Knowland, 20/08/2014
FROM OUR PARTNERS
Last week, we were introduced to Team Hanås. This week, meet Team Sandoz.
You can now target healthcare professionals through one of their most trusted and frequently used channels, thanks to an exclusive network created between the NHS and Fendix Media - the only organisation that enables advertisers to use NHS intranets ...
Thinking about the evolving role of digital out-of-home and where it sits in the complex multiscreening planning environment throws up some powerful possibilities.
Two teams compete this summer to push digital out-of-home to its limit.
You've certainly heard the term 'viral video', but may be wondering what it is.