John Lewis is retracting its offer of free tea and cake to loyalty card members, one of the scheme's key perks, after claiming its cafés become "extremely busy" during the Christmas period.
McCann London poaches TBWA\London's Tom Wong, while former L'Oreal marketer James Dodkin joins e-cigarette brand Blu, in this week's round-up of people moves in advertising, marketing and media.
Brands have forgotten what being 'social' actually means and need to put more effort into 'working the room' on social media, says Rena Varsani, head of copy, Rufus Leonard.
Engine's rebel shareholders were threatening to derail its £100 million deal to sell to the US private-equity company Lake Capital as Campaign went to press.
Disney has kicked off a search for an agency to handle its UK CRM work.
Albion has sold a majority stake to the MDC Partners-owned agency Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal & Partners.
To celebrate the return of Doctor Who, and the arrival of new lead actor Peter Capaldi, the BBC has launched an interactive game allowing users to pilot the Tardis.
Wimbledon may have fewer attendees, but it leads the way against the US Open when it comes to social media, writes Andreas Plastiras, senior analyst at We Are Social.
Instagram has rolled out three tools that will allow brands to monitor their performance on its fledgling ad network.
The latest virals from GoPro, Apple and Nike.
Read the full text of David Abraham's speech, called 'After The Gold Rush: Sustaining creative risk in UK television for the next generation', given at the Edinburgh International Television Festival.
McDonald's is set to launch a music and entertainment offering to customers, as it looks to expand its digital presence.
Explore Brand Republic
Infographics & data
Research-driven webcasts, expert reports, surveys and videos covering the most pressing issues in marketing, media and advertising.
Masculinity has slowly evolved from a position of male privilege. Femini...
77% of consumers consult online reviews before buying, and 63% are more ...
Research has shown that 67% of participants have problems delivering ema...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)
Job of the WeekSponsored by Sky
by Jason Nathan, 22/08/2014
FROM OUR PARTNERS
Last week, we were introduced to Team Hanås. This week, meet Team Sandoz.
You can now target healthcare professionals through one of their most trusted and frequently used channels, thanks to an exclusive network created between the NHS and Fendix Media - the only organisation that enables advertisers to use NHS intranets ...
Thinking about the evolving role of digital out-of-home and where it sits in the complex multiscreening planning environment throws up some powerful possibilities.
Two teams compete this summer to push digital out-of-home to its limit.
You've certainly heard the term 'viral video', but may be wondering what it is.