Sainsbury's brings in Beckham for 'extraordinary' Paralympic push
Sainsbury's is launching a 'here's to extraordinary' TV campaign starring David Beckham tomorrow (15 August) that will push its Paralympic Games sponsorship.
The creative focuses on ParalympicsGB athletes as they prepare for London 2012 and aims to highlight the dedication, determination and desire of the athletes.
Abbot Mead Vickers/BBDO created the TV execution that draws parallels with everyday moments and celebrates the extraordinary achievements of everyday people.
The spot will launch during Emmerdale on ITV at 7.15pm tomorrow, two weeks before the start of the Paralympic Games, and will feature Paralympic stars and Sainsbury's Active Kids ambassador Ellie Simmonds.
Ellie Simmonds is competing in the swimming, while other sporting stars include archer Melanie Clarke, athletes Jonnie Peacock and David Weir, basketball players Helen Turner and Claire Strange, cyclist Jon-Allan Butterworth and fencers Simon Wilson and Craig McCann.
Jat Sahota, head of sponsorship at Sainsbury's, said: ""We wanted to showcase how each of us – from athlete to the person on the street – takes an extraordinary path in our own lives, and David was fantastic in his support.
"It is a pleasure to work with someone who is so committed to inclusive sport, which echoes our view of promoting healthier, more active lifestyles for all."
Beckham has already starred in a Sainsbury’s ad, which featured him having a go at blind football in order to raise the profile of the Paralympic sport.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)