McCann Manchester wins rugby league task
The organising body for the Rugby League World Cup 2013 has appointed McCann Manchester to promote the tournament, following a pitch process.
Rugby league: the RFL is running a campaign created by VCCP
McCann will create a campaign to help RLWC 2013 sell 500,000 tickets for the event, which kicks off in Cardiff on 26 October next year and is held in venues across England, Wales, France and Ireland.
The appointment does not affect VCCP's relationship with the Rugby Football League, which hired the agency in August to help attract more fans to the sport.
The RLWC 2013 marketing manager, Mark Foster, said: "McCann laid out an insightful strategy, coupled with great ideas, all underpinned by a tremendous track record working in sports marketing."
McCann's sports marketing director, Kevin McKay, said: "We are delighted to have secured this prestigious brief, which highlights our expertise in promoting large-scale international sporting events."
VCCP created an overarching brand campaign for the Rugby Football League, released online last month and called "the rugby league of the extraordinary", to coincide with the start of the Super League season.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Copywriter Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London (South), London (Greater)
- Account manager Gemini Search £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Integrated Agency with Int. Drinks, Entertainment & Tech Accounts Rocket Recruitment £44,000 - 48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Digital Production Manager ADLIB c.£35k, South West England / Bristol, City of Bristol
- Brand Development Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Greater)