John Lewis seeks new social-media approach
John Lewis is aiming to build on the popularity of its brand by making social media a 'more integrated' part of the business.
John Lewis: hired Tribal DDB to work on social media projects
The retailer has previously handled all social-media activity in-house, but has now appointed Tribal DDB to work on social-media projects.
John Lewis marketing director Craig Inglis told Marketing earlier this year that 'entering into social media never replaced having a big idea [and] the heart of our success is having big ideas that can bring the proposition to life'.
The brand is currently running a Twitter campaign using #snowmanjourney to track an experiential campaign photographing the snowman 'star' of its Christmas campaign in towns across the country.
The brand has 39,000 Twitter followers and more than 550,000 'likes' on Facebook.
Separately, John Lewis Partnership has appointed Lloyds Banking Group executive Paul de Laat to the new role of customer insight director. He will work across both the John Lewis and Waitrose brands.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- JUNIOR DESIGNER - AWARD WINNING GLOBAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London