Sony seeks more inclusive PlayStation Network image
Sony is launching a campaign that sets out to disprove the notion its PlayStation Network online gaming platform is exclusive to hard-core gamers.
The company’s gaming branch, Sony Computer Entertainment, will launch a digital campaign on 4 February that will claim the Network is a "fun, social and accessible" way of gaming.
Sony's online gaming platform now has more than 90 million subscribers, but last week had its reputation hit by a £250,000 fine, after users’ data was exposed by a hack attack.
The upcoming campaign will attempt to encourage users to spend more time on the platform through a "way of play" creative theme, which is meant to explain various gamers' approach to gaming.
180 Amsterdam created the campaign, which will include three 45-second films that each celebrate a different gaming genre and "way of play".
Activity will run on YouTube, Facebook, PlayStation.com, the PlayStation blog and Twitter.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)