Sony seeks more inclusive PlayStation Network image
Sony is launching a campaign that sets out to disprove the notion its PlayStation Network online gaming platform is exclusive to hard-core gamers.
The company’s gaming branch, Sony Computer Entertainment, will launch a digital campaign on 4 February that will claim the Network is a "fun, social and accessible" way of gaming.
Sony's online gaming platform now has more than 90 million subscribers, but last week had its reputation hit by a £250,000 fine, after users’ data was exposed by a hack attack.
The upcoming campaign will attempt to encourage users to spend more time on the platform through a "way of play" creative theme, which is meant to explain various gamers' approach to gaming.
180 Amsterdam created the campaign, which will include three 45-second films that each celebrate a different gaming genre and "way of play".
Activity will run on YouTube, Facebook, PlayStation.com, the PlayStation blog and Twitter.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)