Sony seeks more inclusive PlayStation Network image
Sony is launching a campaign that sets out to disprove the notion its PlayStation Network online gaming platform is exclusive to hard-core gamers.
The company’s gaming branch, Sony Computer Entertainment, will launch a digital campaign on 4 February that will claim the Network is a "fun, social and accessible" way of gaming.
Sony's online gaming platform now has more than 90 million subscribers, but last week had its reputation hit by a £250,000 fine, after users’ data was exposed by a hack attack.
The upcoming campaign will attempt to encourage users to spend more time on the platform through a "way of play" creative theme, which is meant to explain various gamers' approach to gaming.
180 Amsterdam created the campaign, which will include three 45-second films that each celebrate a different gaming genre and "way of play".
Activity will run on YouTube, Facebook, PlayStation.com, the PlayStation blog and Twitter.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)