HMV shouldn't be closing down its Twitter feed
Troubled music retailer HMV caused a stir on Twitter yesterday as employees used the brand's official Twitter feed to live-blog mass redundancies taking place at the high street chain. This led to a call to close the brand's Twitter account down which would be a bad mistake.
Using the hashtag #hmvXFactorFiring, @HMVtweets claimed that staff were being fired by the HR department. The news was then confirmed by the administrator. Deloitte said that 190 people have been made redundant at the brand's head office and distribution centres.
The Tweets were quickly deleted, but not before they were widely shared. The feed also claimed that the "marketing director" was asking "How do I shut down Twitter?".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Technical SEO Specialist - £32k + benefits - chance to join leading independent media agency in heart of London! SYLEX Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London ...
- Digital Planner- Charity brands Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Suffolk
- Account Director - RTB Accord Group Limited c. £40,000 per annum, Central London WC1A 1DG