HMV shouldn't be closing down its Twitter feed
Troubled music retailer HMV caused a stir on Twitter yesterday as employees used the brand's official Twitter feed to live-blog mass redundancies taking place at the high street chain. This led to a call to close the brand's Twitter account down which would be a bad mistake.
Using the hashtag #hmvXFactorFiring, @HMVtweets claimed that staff were being fired by the HR department. The news was then confirmed by the administrator. Deloitte said that 190 people have been made redundant at the brand's head office and distribution centres.
The Tweets were quickly deleted, but not before they were widely shared. The feed also claimed that the "marketing director" was asking "How do I shut down Twitter?".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director or Senior Account Director (Partnerships) air recruitment £40k-60k, Central London
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager (Integrated) air recruitment £25k-£38k, Central London