Etihad Airways launches first major ad campaign in three years
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is launching its first major ad campaign in three years in a bid to reinforce the high level of customer service it offers its passengers.
The ad campaign was created by M&C Saatchi, who was appointed to the global account in February last year, and uses the theme, "The world is our home, you are our guest".
The TV ad uses a split-screen technique to place the service passengers receive on Etihad Airways next to scenes from luxury restaurants and hotels from around the world, to reinforce the commitment the airline makes to its customer service.
Etihad Airways is aiming for its service to stand up to other premium hospitality services, rather than just other airlines.
David Edwards of Rogue Films directed the TV spot in Abu Dhabi, Bangkok, Prague and Sydney.
Tom Dery, worldwide chairman at M&C Saatchi, said: "This particular commercial really reflects the confidence and enthusiasm that the Etihad Airways management team has in their airline. The commercial takes the image of Etihad Airways to a new level and highlights the wonderful product they have."
The TV ad premieres in the UAE on Sunday 3 March and will roll out in the UK, Australia, China, Germany, India, Japan, USA and Nigeria from Monday.
The campaign, which was planned and bought by MediaCom, will then also include print, outdoor and digital media.
Peter Baumgartner, chief commercial officer, said: "This is our first brand advertising in many years. Having focused on product innovation and service excellence, the time is now right to make a bold and confident brand statement to the world.
"This is not a rebranding exercise, but a continuation of our brand story, drawing from the values of our home in Abu Dhabi and our inspiration from around the world."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London