Sky Sports offers Grand Prix tickets in Twitter quiz
Sky Sports has launched a £5m campaign, including a Twitter competition that offers the chance to win tickets to next year's Australian Grand Prix, to promote its Formula 1 coverage.
The campaign, by Brothers & Sisters, promotes the company's Sky Sports F1 HD upgrade service, currently on offer for £5 a month for six months.
Sky Sports is also launching its first real-time, response quiz on Twitter. Fans can enter the "virtual Grand Prix" quiz by retweeting an exclusive hashtag, which will be revealed on the @SkySportsF1 Twitter account during the week before each race.
They must then answer a series of questions against the clock. The highest scorer at the end of the F1 season will win tickets to the 2014 Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne.
The campaign uses new Twitter technology by Visual Voice and goes live this week.
Two 40-second TV ads that include clips from the 2012 Grand Prix will also air. The first will promote Sky Sports F1 as the only station covering all 19 of the Grand Prix races. The second focuses on the different ways fans can view races with Sky Go and Race Control.
Both commercials will broadcast across Sky channels and national television. The campaign will also air on radio and in national publications. It will come to a close at the end of Grand Prix season.
Barry Skolnick, the group creative director of BSkyB, was the creative director of the project, along with the creative agency Brothers and Sisters. The film was produced and directed by Brothers and Sisters.
The Formula 1 seasons starts this weekend with the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- EPIC COMMS PLANNING DIRECTOR POSITION - AUTOMOTIVE Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Agency Adam Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Integrated Producer - Advertising agency Daniel Marks London £50-60K + Benefits., London