Aon signs eight-year sponsorship deal with Manchester United
Insurance broker and human resources firm Aon has signed an eight-year deal worth a reported $240m (£157m) to become the title sponsor of Manchester United's training ground and kit.
Manchester United: Aon to become training ground and kit sponsor
The company has been the club's shirt sponsor since 2009, but will be replaced by General Motors-owned car brand Chevrolet from 2014 as part of a record $559m (£365m), seven-year deal.
In an effort to retain links with Manchester United and its growing fanbase across Asia, the new deal will involve the club's training facilities at Carrington being renamed the Aon Training Complex.
Aon will also replace DHL as the training kit sponsor. Manchester United became the first Premier League club to separate the sponsorship for its playing and training shirts in 2010.
Phil Clement, global chief marketing and communications officer at Aon, said: ""The first phase of our relationship brought Aon an explosion in brand awareness.
"This phase of our partnership is a more holistic approach where we can use our expertise and create a global dialogue and knowledge share around the fields of talent, healthcare, risk, retirement, and data and analytics to help deliver great performance and great results."
The company will also become presenting partner for all Manchester United pre-season tours over the coming eight seasons, including trips this year to Bangkok, Sydney, Yokohama, Osaka and Hong Kong.
To read a full list of Manchester United's global sponsors, read our analysis on the rising price of admission to football sponsorship.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)