Direct Line Group to create in-house digital agency
Direct Line Group is creating an in-house "digital agency" team, as the insurance company aims to "increase the depth" of its customer relationships.
Direct Line: recent ad campaign by M&C Saatchi
The insurer, which owns the Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag brands, is hiring digital specialists to join the team, which will develop its proposition across digital, mobile and social channels alongside the marketing team.
Positions currently being advertised include head of digital performance, head of digital strategy and head of digital insight.
It is understood the team, which may grow to between 20 to 30 people, will be led by Direct Line Group’s head of digital, Ash Roots. Roots joined the insurer in November, after spending six years as head of online at mobile network Three.
On its careers website, the company states: "Here at Direct Line Group, we’re not just creating a new digital team, we’re building a whole new concept: an in-house digital agency.
"Yes, it’s insurance. Yes, it’s digital. But that’s where the simple definition ends. There is nothing ‘usual’ about this team. It’s in-house, but it will feel like an agency. It’s brand new, but it’s already a household name. In short, it’s unconventional. And you could be a part of it."
Direct Line Group launched an IPO in October, after owner RBS was instructed to divest the business by the European competition regulators.
It is not the first brand to bring digital creativity in-house. In January, it was revealed Morrisons was creating its own "in-house" digital agency, M Digital, to develop its eagerly awaited ecommerce site.
M Digital’s core operation comprises about 10 staff who joined the supermarket under Transfer of Undertakings (Tupe) proceedings from Candi, a digital agency that held the Morrisons account, before its closure last year.
Direct Line Group was unavailable for comment
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London