Walkers appoints Tropicana's Peter Charles as marketing director
PepsiCo has appointed Tropicana marketing chief Peter Charles as marketing director of sister brand Walkers.
Peter Charles: appointed marketing director of Walkers
Charles replaces Miranda Sambles who left PepsiCo last year to take over as marketing director of Mars Petcare.
Charles has been with PepsiCo since 2005, including holding senior marketing roles on Doritos and Tropicana.
His appointment comes as Walkers beds in launches of its latest product varieties, Deep Ridged and Baked Stars.
Charles will also be tasked with overturning falling sales of its core Walkers brand. According to Nielsen, value sales of Walkers fell 2% in the year ending December 2012.
In March, Walkers launched a TV and social media campaign, showcasing its switch to British-sourced flavourings, which featured long-standing brand ambassador Gary Lineker and his dad, Barry.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA