Mondelez launches Barny children's biscuit brand
Cadbury-owner Mondelez International is launching a bear-shaped sponge snack called Barny, marking its most significant NPD in the biscuit category since Belvita.
Barny: Mondelez brand launches in UK
Barny has already launched in France, Begium, Spain, the Czech Republic and Russia.
In the UK market, Barny will be sold in two variants – chocolate and milk – and will be supported by a £4m marketing campaign, including TV ads and sampling activity.
Barny is a bear-shaped filled sponge snack sold without artificial colours or preservatives. The products will be individually wrapped in multipacks and priced at £1.69 per pack.
Belvita Breakfast launched in 2010 with a £3m marketing campaign, featuring a TV activity fronted by radio personalities Johnny Vaughan and Lisa Snowdon.
It was claimed at the time that Belvita was the only "specially designed breakfast biscuit".
Mondelez International is the owner of Cadbury, Oreo, Mikado and Toblerone.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)