Pizza Hut enables Xbox users to order pizza mid-game
Pizza Hut is launching an app for Microsoft's Xbox games console that will allow players to order food using their controller.
Pizza Hut: app allows gamers to place orders via their Xbox consoles
The move marks the latest salvo in the digital battle between the major pizza chains.
Gamers can order a pizza using both the controller and motion and voice-recognition software, via a Kinect camera. The app is available to download on the Xbox Live dashboard.
Pizza Hut hopes the app will help it to target the difficult-to-reach 18- to 24-year-old male segment.
The move is understood to mark the first time that customers will be able order something tangible through Xbox. From May 6, customers who order via the app will also receive a 15% discount.
Pizza chains are increasingly investing in digital marketing. Domino’s recently said that ecommerce accounted for 58.4% of UK-delivery sales in the 13-week period to 23 September 2012.
Rival such as Papa John’s have also invested heavily in social media and apps.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London