Pizza Hut enables Xbox users to order pizza mid-game
Pizza Hut is launching an app for Microsoft's Xbox games console that will allow players to order food using their controller.
Pizza Hut: app allows gamers to place orders via their Xbox consoles
The move marks the latest salvo in the digital battle between the major pizza chains.
Gamers can order a pizza using both the controller and motion and voice-recognition software, via a Kinect camera. The app is available to download on the Xbox Live dashboard.
Pizza Hut hopes the app will help it to target the difficult-to-reach 18- to 24-year-old male segment.
The move is understood to mark the first time that customers will be able order something tangible through Xbox. From May 6, customers who order via the app will also receive a 15% discount.
Pizza chains are increasingly investing in digital marketing. Domino’s recently said that ecommerce accounted for 58.4% of UK-delivery sales in the 13-week period to 23 September 2012.
Rival such as Papa John’s have also invested heavily in social media and apps.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London