Facebook sets up marketing advisory board
Facebook has set up its first UK marketing advisory board, which includes top marketers from Tesco and Coke, as it looks to improve relations with brands and drive up spend on its products.
Facebook: sets up marketing advisory board
The UK advisory board will meet four-times a year and includes representatives from brands and agencies. Facebook is not paying members of the advisory board. The board includes some of the biggget spending advertisers in the UK.
Facebook said: "At Facebook we are always working to improve the service we deliver to marketers. That means being in constant contact with our industry partners, listening to their needs, and working together to help make their marketing efforts on Facebook more effective and efficient."
The board will discuss product development, campaign measurement and insights and marketing best practices.
It mirrors a similar-type advisory board in the US and comes as some express concern about Facebook’s credentials as an advertising medium.
WPP boss Martin Sorrell, for example, has stated that he is unconvinced the social network is a good advertising medium for clients.
Matt Atkinson – Tesco
Sarah Mansfield – Unilever
Spencer McHugh – EE
Jason Richards – PepsiCo
Jon Woods – Coca-Cola
Karen Blackett – MediaCom
Phillippa Brown – Omnicom
Mark Creighton – Mindshare
Pippa Glucklich – Starcom MediaVest
Rob Horler – Aegis
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1