Tories buy up adword
The Conservatives reacted speedily to James Purnell's resignation last week by buying up the former work and pensions secretary's name as an adword on Google.
Within an hour of the news breaking, the Tories purchased the adword and recorded a special webcast. The result: anyone typing James Purnell's name into Google saw an ad stating: 'Purnell Quits: Labour is falling apart. Watch David Cameron's reaction.' Clicking the link led to the Tory website and a video of leader David Cameron calling for an election.
Diffusion director Ivan Ristic commended the Tories.
He said : 'The Tories are winning the Google battle and leading the way in the use of search engines as a part of political campaigning.
'Journalists, bloggers and political enthusiasts look to Google when a news story breaks. And Google Adwords is a targeted, rapid and cost- effective way to influence and shape opinion, media coverage and blog commentary triggered by a major politi- cal event.'
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...