Android beats iPhone Q1 share in US
LONDON - Mobile phones that use Google's Android operating system have outsold Apple's iPhone in the US for the first time.
Google's Nexus One: helping to boost Android take-up
Android accounted for 28% of the sales in the US smartphone market in the first quarter of this year, with the iPhone mustering up a 21% share, according to research from the NPD Group. However, both handsets still fall well short of the 36% share achieved by Blackberry.
Google launched its first device, the G1, more than a year after Apple's first iPhone was released.
Since then the popularity of the operating system has rapidly increased thanks to a range of new handsets.
Earlier this year, Google's chief executive Eric Schmidt revealed that 60,000 phones that use the Android system were being shipped per day.
More on Brand Republic's digital blog The Wall
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...