Argos edges out Facebook in BR app chart
Shopping trumped sharing in the BR branded app chart this week, as Argos ousted Facebook from the number one spot it has occupied for three weeks.
Argos: takes the top spot in BR's app chart
Launched on 22 May, the Argos app allows people to check prices and stock by store location, as well as browse the retailer's product database.
Sandwich chain Subway's loyalty-based app Subcard also grew in popularity this week, rising four places to number three.
Further testimony to the appeal of retail apps comes from the presence of eBay, Amazon and Tesco in the chart.
Media players Sky and Google continue to occupy many of the other slots, but are joined this week by the London Evening Standard's recently updated app.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...