Moet & Chandon begins online rethink
Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy (LVMH) is reviewing the global digital strategy for its Moet & Chandon range, in a bid to boost its Champagne sales after the recession.
Champagne consumption in the UK has been in decline
As part of the re-evaluation, the brand has called a review of its global digital agency arrangements and has approached agencies with a brief. Moet & Chandon's ad account is handled by Mother.
Although the UK remains the biggest export market for Champagne, British consumption of the drink has declined over the past two years. In 2009, Moet & Chandon's UK sales fell 9.6%, according to Mintel.
Last year, Moet agreed its first TV sponsorship deal with Sky for coverage of the Oscars and Golden Globes awards ceremonies. At the brand's ‘Tribute to Cinema' gala last year, it revealed actress Scarlet Johansson would be its first celebrity brand ambassador.
LVMH was unavailable for comment as Marketing went to press.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)