Moet & Chandon begins online rethink
Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy (LVMH) is reviewing the global digital strategy for its Moet & Chandon range, in a bid to boost its Champagne sales after the recession.
Champagne consumption in the UK has been in decline
As part of the re-evaluation, the brand has called a review of its global digital agency arrangements and has approached agencies with a brief. Moet & Chandon's ad account is handled by Mother.
Although the UK remains the biggest export market for Champagne, British consumption of the drink has declined over the past two years. In 2009, Moet & Chandon's UK sales fell 9.6%, according to Mintel.
Last year, Moet agreed its first TV sponsorship deal with Sky for coverage of the Oscars and Golden Globes awards ceremonies. At the brand's ‘Tribute to Cinema' gala last year, it revealed actress Scarlet Johansson would be its first celebrity brand ambassador.
LVMH was unavailable for comment as Marketing went to press.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London