Moet & Chandon begins online rethink
Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy (LVMH) is reviewing the global digital strategy for its Moet & Chandon range, in a bid to boost its Champagne sales after the recession.
Champagne consumption in the UK has been in decline
As part of the re-evaluation, the brand has called a review of its global digital agency arrangements and has approached agencies with a brief. Moet & Chandon's ad account is handled by Mother.
Although the UK remains the biggest export market for Champagne, British consumption of the drink has declined over the past two years. In 2009, Moet & Chandon's UK sales fell 9.6%, according to Mintel.
Last year, Moet agreed its first TV sponsorship deal with Sky for coverage of the Oscars and Golden Globes awards ceremonies. At the brand's ‘Tribute to Cinema' gala last year, it revealed actress Scarlet Johansson would be its first celebrity brand ambassador.
LVMH was unavailable for comment as Marketing went to press.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- UK Account Director Haymarket Media Group Dependent on experience, Teddington, Middlesex
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London
- Qualitative Director Hasson Associates £60,000 - £70,000, Central London