Twitter is adding its own URL shortener with metrics
In a major development for Twitter it is rolling out its own URL shortening service, which could spell big trouble for established players such as Bit.ly and Tinyurl.com.
Twitter has had its fair share of problems with spammers and phishing, especially through its direct messaging feature, but in March it started using its own URL shortening service in DMs, partly as a way of blocking suspicious links. It is now rolling this out with the added bonus of metrics.
Continue reading this story on The Wall
Also on Brand Republic's digital blog today
On Apple and the iPhone 4
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...