Ken and Chelsea council hires Tory broadcast chief
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea has appointed the
Conservative Party's head of broadcasting as its director of
Penny Mordaunt will head a team of six and report directly to chief
executive Derek Myers at the council, which covers the constituency of
Tory leadership contender Michael Portillo.
Mordaunt, who joins next week, will be the council's first permanent
The role was created earlier this year as a response to an increase in
media activity at the council, which launched its website in
Andrew Hillier, formerly head of PR at Westminster Council, who left to
take up consultancy work, has been acting director in the interim.
The council this week persuaded London mayor Ken Livingstone not to
re-route the borough's Notting Hill Carnival, which saw two murders last
At Conservative Central Office (CCO), Mordaunt reported to Andrew
Scadding, deputy head of media.
As head of broadcasting she was seconded to aid George W Bush's campaign
last year as part of an exchange of PROs between the Tories and
In return, Cherylyn Harley, deputy press secretary to the Republican
National Committee, spent a fortnight at CCO immediately before the
- Alex Challoner, Golin/ Harris Ludgate client services director, has
joined Portillo's leadership campaign team. The former campaign aide to
Tory mayoral candidate's Steve Norris is still at GHL but is
volunteering to assist Portillo in his spare time.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...