3 great ads I had nothing to do with: Cresta "I'm frothy man"
Cresta was a frothy fruit-flavoured drink produced from the early 1970s through to the beginning of the 1990s.
It originally came in four different flavours; strawberry, lemon & lime, pineapple and orange with blackcurrant added later.
Cresta is widely remembered for its 1970s advertising campaign led by a cartoon polar bear (also called Cresta) sporting sunglasses whose attempts at looking suavely cool would be overwhelmed by bouts of uncontrolled enthusiasm when drinking Cresta.
The bear's widely quoted catch phrase "It's frothy man!" summed up the difference between Cresta and more traditionally fizzy soft drinks.
Dialogues would include bouts of chicken noises and occasionally cries of Rimsky Korsakov when inspired by swigging the drink.
This campaign was created by John Webster of Boase Massimi Pollitt, who also invented the Smash (instant mashed potato) Martians and Honey Monster for Sugar Puffs.
To see more films in this series, visit Three Great Ads I Had Nothing To Do With
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Marketing Manager Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + + benefits, Greater Manchester
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...