Royal Mail drops Postman Pat
Postman Pat, the children’s animated character, has been dropped from the Royal Mail’s promotional and charity work after 19 years.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Postman Pat, the children’s animated character, has been dropped from the Royal Mail’s promotional and charity work after 19 years.
Royal Mail said it wanted to concentrate its charity efforts on addressing literacy in schools.
A spokeswoman stressed that the move was different from other high-profile characters retired in the past, such as BT’s Busby or the Midland Bank’s Griffin. Postman Pat is owned by licensing company Rainbow Productions and appears in his own children’s television programmes.
“Postman Pat was never our creation and not designed specifically for promotional work,” she said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London