Royal Mail drops Postman Pat
Postman Pat, the children’s animated character, has been dropped from the Royal Mail’s promotional and charity work after 19 years.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Postman Pat, the children’s animated character, has been dropped from the Royal Mail’s promotional and charity work after 19 years.
Royal Mail said it wanted to concentrate its charity efforts on addressing literacy in schools.
A spokeswoman stressed that the move was different from other high-profile characters retired in the past, such as BT’s Busby or the Midland Bank’s Griffin. Postman Pat is owned by licensing company Rainbow Productions and appears in his own children’s television programmes.
“Postman Pat was never our creation and not designed specifically for promotional work,” she said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)