Royal Mail drops Postman Pat
Postman Pat, the children’s animated character, has been dropped from the Royal Mail’s promotional and charity work after 19 years.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Postman Pat, the children’s animated character, has been dropped from the Royal Mail’s promotional and charity work after 19 years.
Royal Mail said it wanted to concentrate its charity efforts on addressing literacy in schools.
A spokeswoman stressed that the move was different from other high-profile characters retired in the past, such as BT’s Busby or the Midland Bank’s Griffin. Postman Pat is owned by licensing company Rainbow Productions and appears in his own children’s television programmes.
“Postman Pat was never our creation and not designed specifically for promotional work,” she said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Account Manager Pitch Consultants £23000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham