Bank of Scotland to continue talks with Abbey National
The Bank of Scotland said it will press on with merger talks with Abbey National in spite of “gatecrashing” threats from Lloyds TSB.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – The Bank of Scotland said it will press on with merger talks with Abbey National in spite of “gatecrashing” threats from Lloyds TSB.
It emerged that Bank of Scotland was interested in mortgage lender Abbey National earlier this month.
This was followed by revelations that Lloyds was considering selling Cheltenham & Gloucester, the building society it bought in 1995 for £1.8bn, in order to buy Abbey National.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London