Bank of Scotland to continue talks with Abbey National
The Bank of Scotland said it will press on with merger talks with Abbey National in spite of “gatecrashing” threats from Lloyds TSB.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – The Bank of Scotland said it will press on with merger talks with Abbey National in spite of “gatecrashing” threats from Lloyds TSB.
It emerged that Bank of Scotland was interested in mortgage lender Abbey National earlier this month.
This was followed by revelations that Lloyds was considering selling Cheltenham & Gloucester, the building society it bought in 1995 for £1.8bn, in order to buy Abbey National.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...