Bank of Scotland to continue talks with Abbey National
The Bank of Scotland said it will press on with merger talks with Abbey National in spite of “gatecrashing” threats from Lloyds TSB.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – The Bank of Scotland said it will press on with merger talks with Abbey National in spite of “gatecrashing” threats from Lloyds TSB.
It emerged that Bank of Scotland was interested in mortgage lender Abbey National earlier this month.
This was followed by revelations that Lloyds was considering selling Cheltenham & Gloucester, the building society it bought in 1995 for £1.8bn, in order to buy Abbey National.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire