Bank of Scotland to continue talks with Abbey National
The Bank of Scotland said it will press on with merger talks with Abbey National in spite of “gatecrashing” threats from Lloyds TSB.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – The Bank of Scotland said it will press on with merger talks with Abbey National in spite of “gatecrashing” threats from Lloyds TSB.
It emerged that Bank of Scotland was interested in mortgage lender Abbey National earlier this month.
This was followed by revelations that Lloyds was considering selling Cheltenham & Gloucester, the building society it bought in 1995 for £1.8bn, in order to buy Abbey National.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London