Bank of Scotland to continue talks with Abbey National
The Bank of Scotland said it will press on with merger talks with Abbey National in spite of “gatecrashing” threats from Lloyds TSB.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – The Bank of Scotland said it will press on with merger talks with Abbey National in spite of “gatecrashing” threats from Lloyds TSB.
It emerged that Bank of Scotland was interested in mortgage lender Abbey National earlier this month.
This was followed by revelations that Lloyds was considering selling Cheltenham & Gloucester, the building society it bought in 1995 for £1.8bn, in order to buy Abbey National.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)