BBC Worldwide to close Beeb Ventures
LONDON - BBC Worldwide is pulling the plug on its joint venture e-commerce division Beeb Ventures, parent of Beeb.com.
BBC Worldwide's online retail portal Beeb.com will be integrated into BBC Worldwide, but only the websites of Radio Times and Top Gear magazines will retain their e-commerce capabilities.
Other magazines based at Beeb.com, such as Top of the Pops, Good Homes and Gardener's World, will become marketing sites for their original print products.
The reorganisation will affect 38 Beeb Ventures staff, who will be helped to find employment within BBC Worldwide or the BBC's public service division.
Beeb Ventures was created in August 2000 when US-based technology investor THLee Putnam Ventures took a stake in BBC Worldwide's e-commerce product Beeb.com.
THLee will receive the balance of its investment that has not already been spent and it will retain its ongoing financial interest in the rights previously held by Beeb Ventures.
BBC Worldwide's ISP Beeb.net will be unaffected.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Freelance Mid-Senior Digital Project Manager's required Source £200 - £350 per day, London