BBC Worldwide to close Beeb Ventures
LONDON - BBC Worldwide is pulling the plug on its joint venture e-commerce division Beeb Ventures, parent of Beeb.com.
BBC Worldwide's online retail portal Beeb.com will be integrated into BBC Worldwide, but only the websites of Radio Times and Top Gear magazines will retain their e-commerce capabilities.
Other magazines based at Beeb.com, such as Top of the Pops, Good Homes and Gardener's World, will become marketing sites for their original print products.
The reorganisation will affect 38 Beeb Ventures staff, who will be helped to find employment within BBC Worldwide or the BBC's public service division.
Beeb Ventures was created in August 2000 when US-based technology investor THLee Putnam Ventures took a stake in BBC Worldwide's e-commerce product Beeb.com.
THLee will receive the balance of its investment that has not already been spent and it will retain its ongoing financial interest in the rights previously held by Beeb Ventures.
BBC Worldwide's ISP Beeb.net will be unaffected.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...