BBC Worldwide to close Beeb Ventures
LONDON - BBC Worldwide is pulling the plug on its joint venture e-commerce division Beeb Ventures, parent of Beeb.com.
BBC Worldwide's online retail portal Beeb.com will be integrated into BBC Worldwide, but only the websites of Radio Times and Top Gear magazines will retain their e-commerce capabilities.
Other magazines based at Beeb.com, such as Top of the Pops, Good Homes and Gardener's World, will become marketing sites for their original print products.
The reorganisation will affect 38 Beeb Ventures staff, who will be helped to find employment within BBC Worldwide or the BBC's public service division.
Beeb Ventures was created in August 2000 when US-based technology investor THLee Putnam Ventures took a stake in BBC Worldwide's e-commerce product Beeb.com.
THLee will receive the balance of its investment that has not already been spent and it will retain its ongoing financial interest in the rights previously held by Beeb Ventures.
BBC Worldwide's ISP Beeb.net will be unaffected.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire