Nike's 'tag' wins Cannes Grand Prix
CANNES - US agency Wieden & Kennedy has won the Grand Prix at this year's Cannes International Advertising Festival for its 'tag' campaign for Nike.
The Nike "tag" ad shows adults playing a game of tag in urban settings to a techno soundtrack and features the simple strapline "Play". It was directed by Frank Budgen of Gorgeous Enterprises.
It is the second time in four years that Nike has won the top prize at Cannes, and the third time in a row that the top television and cinema prize has been taken home by a US agency.
The Portland, Oregon agency beat off stiff competition from London's Bartle Bogle Hegarty, which had been hotly tipped to win for its "champagne" ad for Microsoft's Xbox. BBH's "odyssey" spot for Levi's engineered jeans had also been tipped, along with Lowe London's "sofa" ad for Reebok, which features a young man pursued by his sofa as he attempts to leave the house and exercise.
The fourth ad in contention for the Grand Prix was TBWA\Chiat\Day's Fox Sports campaign, promoting Major League Baseball with the tagline "Beware of things made in October".
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)