Nike's 'tag' wins Cannes Grand Prix
CANNES - US agency Wieden & Kennedy has won the Grand Prix at this year's Cannes International Advertising Festival for its 'tag' campaign for Nike.
The Nike "tag" ad shows adults playing a game of tag in urban settings to a techno soundtrack and features the simple strapline "Play". It was directed by Frank Budgen of Gorgeous Enterprises.
It is the second time in four years that Nike has won the top prize at Cannes, and the third time in a row that the top television and cinema prize has been taken home by a US agency.
The Portland, Oregon agency beat off stiff competition from London's Bartle Bogle Hegarty, which had been hotly tipped to win for its "champagne" ad for Microsoft's Xbox. BBH's "odyssey" spot for Levi's engineered jeans had also been tipped, along with Lowe London's "sofa" ad for Reebok, which features a young man pursued by his sofa as he attempts to leave the house and exercise.
The fourth ad in contention for the Grand Prix was TBWA\Chiat\Day's Fox Sports campaign, promoting Major League Baseball with the tagline "Beware of things made in October".
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...