The Number hires agency to redesign 118 118 site
LONDON - The Number has taken on branding agency Dutton Merrifield to rebuild its website, just months after the company launched its UK 118 118 directory enquiries service.
The Bristol-based agency, which has already worked on The Number's internal communications programme, will be redesigning the corporate site. There is a second site for consumers, the118118experience.com, which features the moustachioed stars of The Number's television commercials, created by WCRS. Neither site allows users to do a search online.
Dutton Merrifield has been briefed to inject more brand personality into the site, making it more interactive and explaining what The Number has to offer in a clear, light-hearted way.
Dutton Merrifield won the account after a two-way pitch. Claire Goldsmith, UK marketing projects manager of The Number, said: "Dutton Merrifield won the pitch as it has already demonstrated a solid understanding of our brand. We have been extremely impressed with the work it has produced so far and were keen for it to get involved in other areas of our business."
One of WCRS's 118 118 ads is a spoof of the award-winning Honda "cog" ad, created by Wieden & Kennedy London. It was created for television, but Honda failed to see the humorous side and stopped the ad from being broadcast. It is now, however, available for view online and is being promoted through a viral campaign.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)