Royal Mail to launch online change of address service
LONDON - Royal Mail is aiming to help cut the stress of moving house for the UK's 11m home movers each year with the launch of an online change of address service at its Royalmail.com website.
The launch of the service follows the news that the postal operator has bought a 17% stake in Moving Technologies, the provider of digital address change software.
The service will be available at the Royal Mail website. It will be offered free to customers to enable them to notify companies of their new address details online.
Richard Roche, head of business development at Royal Mail, said: "By offering this new service to home movers we are also providing businesses with access to new potential customers. For the consumer, offering a one-stop-shop facility online, we can minimise the effort required by consumers at this busy time."
More than 800 companies are signed up to the service, including the main utility providers, banks, supermarkets and gym clubs. This figure is expected to grow to over 2,000 following the launch of the new service.
As well as being identified as one of the most stressful times in a person's life, moving home is also said to be an ideal time for businesses to target potential customers within their catchment area.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...