DMGT to acquire Primelocation.com for £48m
LONDON - The Daily Mail & General Trust is to acquire property website Primelocation.com for £48m, the fourth property acquisition by a UK newspaper group in the last 13 months.
DMGT's offer for Fastcrop, Primelocation's holding company, follows News Corporation snapping up Propertyfinder.com last month for £14.3m, Smartnewhomes.com going to Trinity Mirror in July for £11.3m, and Findaproperty.com going to DMGT in November 2004 for £13.8m.
Rightmove.co.uk, owned by estate agents including Countrywide, could be the next to be snapped up with DMGT, News Corporation, DMGT and Trinity Mirror understood to be interested.
The offer for Primelocation follows the trend for other traditional media buying into the online space. Earlier this week ITV bought website FriendsReunited for up to £175m.
Primelocation was launched in 2001 by a consortium of more than 200 estate agents, and attracts more than 850,000 visitors a month. It also publishes a monthly property magazine hand-delivered to 110,000 London homes.
Andrew Hart, managing director of Associated New Ventures, said: "The acquisition continues our strategy of making investments to increase our exposure to key areas of the online advertising market. Primelocation is a prize asset for us, complementing our other established businesses.
"It is one of the leading UK property sites, in a highly competitive sector which is experiencing rapid growth. We intend to continue primelocation's rapid development and look forward to working with the management team in unlocking the opportunities that will arise out of this transaction."
The deal was negotiated through financial advisors Pricewaterhouse Coopers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...