Magazines subscription firm Galleon CI rebrands as Dovetail
LONDON - Galleon CI, the magazine subscriptions company, has rebranded itself as Dovetail a year on from its formation through the merger of BBC Worldwide and Dennis Publishing's subsidiaries.
Backed by a new company logo derived from the dovetail joint in carpentry, the name was chosen to demonstrate the company's focus on connecting publishers with their customers.
BBC Worldwide and Dennis, which are 50:50 shareholders in the venture, have wanted to create a new approach to subscription marketing and fulfilment from the conception of the venture, and relaunching under the new brand is part of that process, according to Dovetail executive chairman Tom Turcan.
In March, the company appointed a new general manager, Phil Wheeler, to handle operational management of its contact centre, logistics and warehouse, and IT systems. Wheeler was handed the permanent position after having worked with the company for 18 months.
Dovetail also works for other publishers including Puzzler Group, H Bauer and Haymarket, which owns Brand Republic.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)