Johnny Vegas and Monkey to stage advertising comeback with PG Tips
LONDON - Mother is plotting to reunite the comedian Johnny Vegas with his knitted sidekick, Monkey, in a new series of PG Tips ads.
Mother first paired Monkey with Vegas in 2001, when it won the task to rebrand ONdigital as ITV Digital. Following ITV Digital's collapse in 2002, the duo have not been seen together on screens.
The new campaign featuring Monkey and Vegas will replace DDB London's T-Birds work, which has run since 2002.
Mother won the £10m PG Tips account in a shoot-out against DDB last week. The account had been handled by DDB since the brand was created in 1930.
Mother and PG Tips declined to comment on the story.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire