Johnny Vegas and Monkey to stage advertising comeback with PG Tips
LONDON - Mother is plotting to reunite the comedian Johnny Vegas with his knitted sidekick, Monkey, in a new series of PG Tips ads.
Mother first paired Monkey with Vegas in 2001, when it won the task to rebrand ONdigital as ITV Digital. Following ITV Digital's collapse in 2002, the duo have not been seen together on screens.
The new campaign featuring Monkey and Vegas will replace DDB London's T-Birds work, which has run since 2002.
Mother won the £10m PG Tips account in a shoot-out against DDB last week. The account had been handled by DDB since the brand was created in 1930.
Mother and PG Tips declined to comment on the story.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire