Pfizer hires Bangkok PR on corporate task
Pfizer Thailand has appointed Bangkok PR as its PR consultancy, handling corporate affairs and therapeutic product communication.
Basar, Pfizer...life sciences to be the fastest-growing PR sector
“This supports our goal to be the consultancy with the strongest healthcare/life sciences capabilities in Thailand,” said Hasan Basar, Bangkok PR CEO. “We believe that life sciences will be the fastest-growing and the largest area for PR needs in the future, in line with what we are seeing as global trends.”
Although Bangkok PR has been appointed as sole PR agency in a non-competitive bid, it is believed that Pfizer will continue to work with other agencies on some of its current campaigns.
Pfizer has been aggressive in promoting greater health awareness through its community-based initiatives, and has recently launched several campaigns such as ‘Love your heart’, ‘Defeating arthritis’ and ‘Strengthen love — stronger family’, all built around a ‘Number one always’ theme. The latter campaign includes a short documentary to be televised on Channel 7 every Saturday and a Pfizer health line for the public to call for direct health consultations.
“Our plan for the next five years includes marketing of 15 innovative products in various therapeutic areas,” said Dr Oranut Arunatut, Pfizer medical director.
Thailand’s largest pharmaceuticals company, Pfizer currently controls nine per cent of the country’s pharma market, ahead of such rivals as Siam Bhaesaj, GSK, GPO, Aventis Pharma and Biolab.
Pfizer is banking on strong growth from Thailand. Sales had expanded at approximately 15 per cent in 2005, down from 23 per cent in 2004.
The company also recently appointed a Thai executive to head its Thailand and Indochina operations, for the first time. Manu Sawang-Jaeng, director of sales of Pfizer, has been named country manager, succeeding Amal Naj, who was promoted to VP of investor development and strategy, based at Pfizer’s head office in New York.
Basar, meanwhile, noted that Bangkok PR began developing its healthcare strategy 18 months ago — the Pfizer wins marking the culmination of a three-step plan. “At national level, we were appointed to serve the Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences; second, at industry level, we were appointed to serve the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers’ Association,” said Hasan. “And on a company level, we were appointed by Pfizer.”
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East