Krispy Kreme Doughnuts hires mystery shopping firm
LONDON - Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has appointed mystery shopping firm Retail Eyes on a brief to help improve customer service.
The agency was appointed after a four-way pitch. It has created a programme called "Kreme of the Krop", which will recognise good customer service among the doughnut chain's employees as well as identifying areas that need improvement.
It will also motivate workers to inform customers about what the company described as the "Krispy Kreme Experience". Employees will be rewarded for giving customers a "magic moment".
Retail Eyes will visit Krispy Kreme's 27 locations in the UK on a monthly basis to carry out the programme.
It is the first time Krispy Kreme has used mystery shoppers in the UK.
Judith Denby, marketing director for Krispy Kreme UK, said: "We were attracted to Retail Eyes by the nature of their company culture and their open-mindedness in setting goals for the programme."
Retail Eyes also works for retailers including WH Smith, Subway and HMV.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)