Haymarket sells motorbike magazine Two Wheels Only
LONDON - Haymarket Magazines has sold its motorbike magazine Two Wheels Only to online sports publishing firm Magicalia.
Haymarket acquired the magazine in 2003 from independent publisher Two Media and has built it into an established brand in the bike market, more than doubling its circulation.
Kevin Costello, managing director of Haymarket Magazines, said: "We've had four great years with TWO and it is now a serious player in this competitive market. Magicalia provides the ideal environment for it to thrive in the future."
Magicalia owns a group of specialist interest magazines based in Orpington, from where TWO will now be published. Established in 1999, the company runs around 45 websites including 30 e-commerce sites.
Jeremy Tapp, joint managing director of Magicalia, said: "We've been looking for an entry into motorcycling and have been lucky enough to land one of the strongest and most respected brands in the sector."
The TWO editorial and advertising teams will transfer with the title and its website www.two.tv. Magicalia will begin publishing TWO from the May issue, on sale March 22.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire