Film24 takes over Bonanza channel
LONDON - Film24 has assumed control of the Bonanza channel, broadcast on Sky channel 165, following the acquisition of all of the channel's assets from Optimistic Entertainment by major shareholder Caparo Ventures.
Film24 has assumed full control of Bonanza with immediate effect and will cease broadcasting on Sky channel 138 and recommence, without a break, with selected programming blocks on channel 165.
The channel will continue to be called Bonanza and content will still include the channel's original mix of movies, comedy and drama, alongside a selection of Film24's film-related content. It is intended that the channel will be rebranded and run exclusive Film24 content from mid-July onwards.
Nicky Davis, chief executive of Film24, said: "We have received excellent feedback from both viewers and the film industry alike following our trial run on channel 138 and are delighted to have secured a permanent home in the entertainment section of the Sky Electronic Programming Guide. We are now actively seeking further investment and brand partners in order to take this growing entertainment brand to the next stage of its development."
Film24 is an independent, multi-platform content business that produces programmes and short features about the film industry and films themselves. Film24's entertainment portal is designed to satisfy the ever-growing consumer demand for film consumption and the audience's fascination with the movie business.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London
- Programmatic Account Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London