Media companies back ChildLine for gift ringtones promo
LONDON - Youth charity ChildLine is to launch a gift ringtones fundraising service, which is being supported by 20 media companies, including IPC Media, GCap, Universal McCann and Trinity Mirror.
The mobile ringtone gift programme, called Gringtones, has been set up by ChildLine to raise money for the charity's work and has so far created downloadable ringtone messages from Ant and Dec and Simon Cowell.
The Gringtones website, created by digital company DX3 and Bear Design, will aim to raise money to train volunteer counsellors to deal with the 4,500 children who call ChildLine daily. The Gringtones can be downloaded from the website for £3, with all profits going to charity.
ChildLine said a total of 20 media companies had given free adspace, creative input, planning and technology in order for Gringtones to be set up.
Among the media companies that have donated resources, including £600,000 of print and online adspace, are IPC, International Poster Management, Universal McCann, Trinity Mirror, CBS Outdoor and Ocean Outdoor.
Other companies that have contributed are GCap, Viacom Brand Solutions, MTV, Newbrandmedia, Primesight, Sounddelivery, Streettalk, Voxpops, Telegraph Online, Boomerang, Titan & In-Situ, Taxi Promotions UK, Walt Disney and Visit London.
Dan Gopal, deputy chairman of ChildLine 20 Board, said: "Everything has been provided free on behalf of ChildLine and only the charity profits from the sales."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London