Media: Focus Dailies in ITV dating shows deal
Contact-lens brand Focus Dailies is to sponsor two dating shows on the ITV network this autumn.
The brand, which is fronted by pop singer Rachel Stevens, will sponsor ITV1's Holly & Fearne Go Dating and ITV2's Streetmate. The deal includes broadcast, online and off-air licensing.
The first show features Fearne Cotton and Holly Willoughby seeking a date for an unlucky-in-love viewer. The presenters will pick their ideal matches, who will battle it out for the contestant's affections.
Streetmate will feature Willoughby chasing down potential lovers for UK singletons. The show, which helped launch the career of Big Brother anchor Davina McCall, previously ran on Channel 4 and E4.
Streetmate is the latest high-profile show for ITV2, which is also to broadcast a production of Belle de Jour (Secret Diary of a Call Girl) in September. The programme, starring Billie Piper, is testament to ITV's growing commitment to commissioning original programming.
Debbie Olive, marketing director at CIBA Vision, which owns Focus Dailies, said the sponsorship was intended to drive brand awareness among young adults.
The sponsorship, which will appear under the strap-line 'Make eye contact with Focus Dailies contact lenses', is being produced by Team Saatchi.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London