Media: Focus Dailies in ITV dating shows deal
Contact-lens brand Focus Dailies is to sponsor two dating shows on the ITV network this autumn.
The brand, which is fronted by pop singer Rachel Stevens, will sponsor ITV1's Holly & Fearne Go Dating and ITV2's Streetmate. The deal includes broadcast, online and off-air licensing.
The first show features Fearne Cotton and Holly Willoughby seeking a date for an unlucky-in-love viewer. The presenters will pick their ideal matches, who will battle it out for the contestant's affections.
Streetmate will feature Willoughby chasing down potential lovers for UK singletons. The show, which helped launch the career of Big Brother anchor Davina McCall, previously ran on Channel 4 and E4.
Streetmate is the latest high-profile show for ITV2, which is also to broadcast a production of Belle de Jour (Secret Diary of a Call Girl) in September. The programme, starring Billie Piper, is testament to ITV's growing commitment to commissioning original programming.
Debbie Olive, marketing director at CIBA Vision, which owns Focus Dailies, said the sponsorship was intended to drive brand awareness among young adults.
The sponsorship, which will appear under the strap-line 'Make eye contact with Focus Dailies contact lenses', is being produced by Team Saatchi.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire