Wag Ed to launch virtual trade site
Waggener Edstrom has won a brief to launch GameXa, a trading platform that allows online game players to buy and sell virtual currencies.
World of Warcraft: hugely popular
The site currently caters to gamers playing the hugely popular World of Warcraft, which has more than 6.5 million registered players worldwide.
World of Warcraft currently makes more money from selling virtual currency, ‘gold’, than from subscriptions to the game itself.
Online virtual-currency trading is huge in the US and Asia. Anshe Chung made headlines earlier this year as the first person to make $1m from Second Life. Chung sold property in the online world’s ‘Linden dollars’, then traded that money in for actual currency.
Wag Ed will aim to replicate the success of such ventures in Europe by positioning GameXa as ‘not dissimilar to eBay’. Head of technology Ben Sawyer is leading the account out of Wag Ed’s London office.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA