Wag Ed to launch virtual trade site
Waggener Edstrom has won a brief to launch GameXa, a trading platform that allows online game players to buy and sell virtual currencies.
World of Warcraft: hugely popular
The site currently caters to gamers playing the hugely popular World of Warcraft, which has more than 6.5 million registered players worldwide.
World of Warcraft currently makes more money from selling virtual currency, ‘gold’, than from subscriptions to the game itself.
Online virtual-currency trading is huge in the US and Asia. Anshe Chung made headlines earlier this year as the first person to make $1m from Second Life. Chung sold property in the online world’s ‘Linden dollars’, then traded that money in for actual currency.
Wag Ed will aim to replicate the success of such ventures in Europe by positioning GameXa as ‘not dissimilar to eBay’. Head of technology Ben Sawyer is leading the account out of Wag Ed’s London office.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London