Wag Ed to launch virtual trade site
Waggener Edstrom has won a brief to launch GameXa, a trading platform that allows online game players to buy and sell virtual currencies.
World of Warcraft: hugely popular
The site currently caters to gamers playing the hugely popular World of Warcraft, which has more than 6.5 million registered players worldwide.
World of Warcraft currently makes more money from selling virtual currency, ‘gold’, than from subscriptions to the game itself.
Online virtual-currency trading is huge in the US and Asia. Anshe Chung made headlines earlier this year as the first person to make $1m from Second Life. Chung sold property in the online world’s ‘Linden dollars’, then traded that money in for actual currency.
Wag Ed will aim to replicate the success of such ventures in Europe by positioning GameXa as ‘not dissimilar to eBay’. Head of technology Ben Sawyer is leading the account out of Wag Ed’s London office.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...