Cadbury's drumming gorilla spawns Facebook group
LONDON - Cadbury's drumming gorilla ad has proved so popular with the public that it has spawned a Facebook group, as well being viewed almost 500,000 times on YouTube the week after it was released.
The £6.2m Dairy Milk campaign, which features a gorilla drumming to Phil Collins' track 'In the Air Tonight', has inspired a Facebook group called 'We love the Cadbury's drumming gorilla ' with 201 members so far.
Tony Bilsborough, a spokesman for Cadbury, said: "We knew it would be talked about but even we've been surprised by the amazing response from the public. It seems to achieve what all ad campaigns hope for, the ubiquitous water cooler moment. We are absolutely delighted with the response so far."
He said that the focus now will be to stress the link between the ad and the "moment of joy" you feel when eating Dairy Milk.
Many bloggers suspected that the man in the gorilla suit was Phil Collins but it has been revealed that it was an actor called Garon Michael.
Michael has some experience playing a primate having appeared in the movies 'Congo', 'Instinct' and the 'Planet of the Apes' remake, and acted alongside Anthony Hopkins, Donald Sutherland and Mark Wahlberg.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)