Cadbury's drumming gorilla spawns Facebook group
LONDON - Cadbury's drumming gorilla ad has proved so popular with the public that it has spawned a Facebook group, as well being viewed almost 500,000 times on YouTube the week after it was released.
The £6.2m Dairy Milk campaign, which features a gorilla drumming to Phil Collins' track 'In the Air Tonight', has inspired a Facebook group called 'We love the Cadbury's drumming gorilla ' with 201 members so far.
Tony Bilsborough, a spokesman for Cadbury, said: "We knew it would be talked about but even we've been surprised by the amazing response from the public. It seems to achieve what all ad campaigns hope for, the ubiquitous water cooler moment. We are absolutely delighted with the response so far."
He said that the focus now will be to stress the link between the ad and the "moment of joy" you feel when eating Dairy Milk.
Many bloggers suspected that the man in the gorilla suit was Phil Collins but it has been revealed that it was an actor called Garon Michael.
Michael has some experience playing a primate having appeared in the movies 'Congo', 'Instinct' and the 'Planet of the Apes' remake, and acted alongside Anthony Hopkins, Donald Sutherland and Mark Wahlberg.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...