Free men's mag ShortList hits the streets
LONDON - ShortList, the new weekly men's magazine, hit the streets this morning with around half-a-million copies being handed out free to commuters, joined by a website that offers online-only content.
Copies are also being distributed in Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh and West Yorkshire, at airports and on Virgin Trains and Eurostar services.
The launch issue has attracted seven advertisers; Adidas has taken out a double-page spread, and is joined by Renault, Goodyear, Michelob, Philips, O2 and Crowne Plaza.
The website, which went live today, offers users content not found in the magazine such as the Top 10 Historical Biographies, an Expert's Guide to Hair Gunk and 10 Football Stadiums You Can Live In.
ShortList.com also offers users a PDF version of the magazine, and online advertisers include Xbox and Michelob.
ShortList is aimed at 18- to 35-year-old males, but does not feature female flesh unlike most paid-for titles in the men's market.
However, the magazine does feature a demure photo spread across two pages of actress Diora Baird wearing a bikini, and towards the front of the magazine, Hollywood star Maggie Gyllenhaal is shown wearing lingerie, but it's not provocative.
In his first editor's letter to the readers of ShortList, editorial director Phil Hilton, said: "I hope this first issue shows a new direction in men's publishing and an alternative for readers who have turned away from the current offerings."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)