Haines quits Leo Burnett
LONDON - Bruce Haines has dramatically resigned as chairman and chief executive of Leo Burnett London after what is being described as a disagreement over the future structure of the UK group.
Haines... dramatic exit
Andrew Edwards, chairman of Burnett's below-the-line arm Arc, has been named chief executive of the Leo Burnett Group, which comprises the two agency brands. Paul Lawson, the former Burnett London managing director, will report to him as managing director of the group.
The Leo Burnett Worldwide chairman and chief executive, Tom Bernardin, said: "Andrew's track record for running an aligned Burnett/Arc entity is second to none. The energy that he'll bring the two brands now will be a huge boost for the company."
Edwards formerly ran the joint Leo Burnett/Arc operation in Sydney before moving to London in 2005 to take on the EMEA president role for Arc Worldwide.
Haines joined Burnett in February 2002. He was without a job at the time, having resigned from his role as chairman at Leagas Delaney the previous December, ending a 15-year partnership with Tim Delaney.
For the full story, see Thursday's edition of Campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Director - Integrated Agency with Int. Drinks, Entertainment & Tech Accounts Rocket Recruitment £44,000 - 48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Digital Production Manager ADLIB c.£35k, South West England / Bristol, City of Bristol
- Brand Development Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Greater)
- Join the flagship Agency team at Blue Skies, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)