IDS' Nigel Johnson passes away
LONDON - The media industry was saddened to hear of the death of Nigel Johnson, agency sales associate director of IDS, this week.
Johnson, 47, died suddenly on Wednesday. He started his career at Grampian TV in 1988, moving to British Satellite Broadcasting, subsequently Sky, before joining Flextech’s sales house in 1996.
He was part of the senior negotiating team at IDS and also ran new business and the team that launched the Setanta channels portfolio.
James Wildman, managing director, said: "Jonners was the very best of men, one of the 'good guys' - funny, generous, popular and loving with enormous 'joie de vive'; an exceptional father, husband, colleague and friend. We will miss him so much and the media industry has tragically lost one of its stars."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)