IDS' Nigel Johnson passes away
LONDON - The media industry was saddened to hear of the death of Nigel Johnson, agency sales associate director of IDS, this week.
Johnson, 47, died suddenly on Wednesday. He started his career at Grampian TV in 1988, moving to British Satellite Broadcasting, subsequently Sky, before joining Flextech’s sales house in 1996.
He was part of the senior negotiating team at IDS and also ran new business and the team that launched the Setanta channels portfolio.
James Wildman, managing director, said: "Jonners was the very best of men, one of the 'good guys' - funny, generous, popular and loving with enormous 'joie de vive'; an exceptional father, husband, colleague and friend. We will miss him so much and the media industry has tragically lost one of its stars."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London