IDS' Nigel Johnson passes away
LONDON - The media industry was saddened to hear of the death of Nigel Johnson, agency sales associate director of IDS, this week.
Johnson, 47, died suddenly on Wednesday. He started his career at Grampian TV in 1988, moving to British Satellite Broadcasting, subsequently Sky, before joining Flextech’s sales house in 1996.
He was part of the senior negotiating team at IDS and also ran new business and the team that launched the Setanta channels portfolio.
James Wildman, managing director, said: "Jonners was the very best of men, one of the 'good guys' - funny, generous, popular and loving with enormous 'joie de vive'; an exceptional father, husband, colleague and friend. We will miss him so much and the media industry has tragically lost one of its stars."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...