Future launches MusicRadar site
LONDON - Future is to launch MusicRadar, a music-making website, later this month featuring major user-generated content areas for amateur and professional musicians.
It will also contain the latest news from the music scene, as well as thousands of kit reviews and other content from Future's magazines, including Guitar World and drumming magazine Rhythm.
Future intends to open the site up to user-generated content and provide a strong community section for amateur and professional musicians. Users will be able to add individual profile pages to showcase their talents by uploading music, pictures and video.
The site will launch with more than 2,000 product reviews, video tutorials and a database of professionally recorded, royalty-free music samples, available free for registered MusicRadar users to create their own tracks.
Katherine Raderecht, group publisher of MusicRadar, said: "For anyone who is passionate about making music, there's not really anything like MusicRadar.
"We can offer an incredible resource for anyone who wants to know about products -- our review experts are the best in the business -- and the web is perfect for delivering the rich-media content that we know musicians want, wherever they are."
Future has already signed up a number of advertisers for the site, including Sony, Roland and Dolphin, an online music instrument retailer.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)