Facebook sprouts 100,000 branded pages in 24 hours
LONDON - Facebook has revealed it is already working on the launch of a second-generation advertising platform less than 24-hours after rolling out its initial offering. Marketers have created more than 100,000 branded Facebook pages globally since the social networking site launched its advertising system less than 24 hours ago.
Addressing UK advertisers for the first time, Facebook's chief operating officer Owen Van Natta said the social networking site is developing a range of new ‘tools' aimed at helping marketers create a dialogue with consumers.
‘We are on the brink of creating some of the most effective advertising marketers have ever seen,' he said at IAB Engage 2007. ‘Finally, brand-owners can become part of the conversation.'
Van Natta's announcement comes just hours after Facebook launched the first phase of an ad system that enables advertisers, including Coca-Cola and The New York Times, to set up their own profile page, as well as place ads into news feeds.
The Facebook Ads platform allows businesses to build custom-designed pages on the site, which include photos, videos, music, and applications, such a booking system or ticket purchasing.
The social networking giant also revealed that its user-base is expanding by 250,000 new users a day, representing 3% growth each week. Van Natta claims Facebook is effectively doubling in size every six months.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham