Facebook sprouts 100,000 branded pages in 24 hours
LONDON - Facebook has revealed it is already working on the launch of a second-generation advertising platform less than 24-hours after rolling out its initial offering. Marketers have created more than 100,000 branded Facebook pages globally since the social networking site launched its advertising system less than 24 hours ago.
Addressing UK advertisers for the first time, Facebook's chief operating officer Owen Van Natta said the social networking site is developing a range of new ‘tools' aimed at helping marketers create a dialogue with consumers.
‘We are on the brink of creating some of the most effective advertising marketers have ever seen,' he said at IAB Engage 2007. ‘Finally, brand-owners can become part of the conversation.'
Van Natta's announcement comes just hours after Facebook launched the first phase of an ad system that enables advertisers, including Coca-Cola and The New York Times, to set up their own profile page, as well as place ads into news feeds.
The Facebook Ads platform allows businesses to build custom-designed pages on the site, which include photos, videos, music, and applications, such a booking system or ticket purchasing.
The social networking giant also revealed that its user-base is expanding by 250,000 new users a day, representing 3% growth each week. Van Natta claims Facebook is effectively doubling in size every six months.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...