Armani signs Beckham to front underwear range
LONDON - Fashion brand Giorgio Armani has signed up international football star David Beckham as the global ambassador for its Emporio underwear collection.
The multimillion-pound deal is the first formal clothing contract for Beckham, who has a global long-term sponsorship deal with sports brand Adidas. The three-year royalty-based agreement means the footballer receives a share of product sales on top of his annual sponsorship income.
Beckham, who left Real Madrid in July to join Los Angeles Galaxy in an estimated £125m deal over five years, will head the brand's global expansion plans. The first ad campaign to feature the star will launch next January across press and outdoor.
The deal was brokered by Simon Fuller's entertainment company, 19 Entertainment, which took on representation of David and Victoria Beckham in 2003.
In July, Beckham turned down Gillette's offer of a renewed £3m contract. He has also represented Vodafone and Police.
The star's earnings from endorsements fell by 28% for the second year running, to £11.1m last year, according to accounts filed at Companies House.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...