Loyalty association set to raise redemption standards
LONDON - Three major UK-based online loyalty scheme operators have formed the sector's first industry association in an attempt to raise standards.
The Online Loyalty Association, which has been founded by MutualPoints, Rpoints and GreasyPalm, is a not-for-profit organisation that has been set up to increase consumer confidence in loyalty schemes.
The association has also drawn up a code of practice for cashback, points and rewards schemes, and will aim to promote the sector to other industries.
Richard Yendall, chief executive officer of Rpoints, has been made chairman of the association.
Prospective members must pass the association's comprehensive code of practice in order to be accepted.
The measures include that all members must adhere to the Data Protection Act; information about the true value of rewards schemes must always be transparent; members must demonstrate they have a reliable monitoring system for rewards programmes, and all companies with accreditation must carry out an annual audit of their programmes.
Yendall said: "Online affiliate loyalty marketing is fast growing and our priority is that quality keeps up, for everyone's benefit. It's a challenging time for the industry but by taking this positive step we aim to improve perceptions and accelerate the industry's growth."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)