Loyalty association set to raise redemption standards
LONDON - Three major UK-based online loyalty scheme operators have formed the sector's first industry association in an attempt to raise standards.
The Online Loyalty Association, which has been founded by MutualPoints, Rpoints and GreasyPalm, is a not-for-profit organisation that has been set up to increase consumer confidence in loyalty schemes.
The association has also drawn up a code of practice for cashback, points and rewards schemes, and will aim to promote the sector to other industries.
Richard Yendall, chief executive officer of Rpoints, has been made chairman of the association.
Prospective members must pass the association's comprehensive code of practice in order to be accepted.
The measures include that all members must adhere to the Data Protection Act; information about the true value of rewards schemes must always be transparent; members must demonstrate they have a reliable monitoring system for rewards programmes, and all companies with accreditation must carry out an annual audit of their programmes.
Yendall said: "Online affiliate loyalty marketing is fast growing and our priority is that quality keeps up, for everyone's benefit. It's a challenging time for the industry but by taking this positive step we aim to improve perceptions and accelerate the industry's growth."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Automotive Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £50k - £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...