Wonderbra gorilla spoof pulled for copyright infringement
LONDON - Wonderbra's viral spoof of the Cadbury gorilla ad, featuring a model in a bra, was pulled because it breached Phil Collins' copyright.
The ad was removed from YouTube after a third party notification by Phil Collins Limited claimed that the material was infringing its copyright.
Wonderbra recreated the Cadbury's Dairy Milk ad for a viral campaign, replacing the gorilla with a 20-year-old model dressed only in a Wonderbra and jeans. She mimicks the gorilla's movements, drumming along to the Phil Collins' song 'In the Air Tonight'.
The camera focuses on her chest more and more as the ad progresses and it ends with the line "Two cups full of joy".
The campaign was overseen by marketing director Gordon Lee, who joined Wonderbra from Ann Summers in September. Lee experienced controversy last year when an ad promoting Ann Summers Rampant Rabbit Wave vibrator was banned from being displayed on the tube network by Transport for London.
Lee was appointed to oversee the Wonderbra, Playtex and Shockabsorber brands. He was tasked with refreshing the Wonderbra brand with the launch of several products.
The original 90-second Cadbury ad was written and directed by Sony Bravia 'balls' creative director Juan Cabral of Fallon London.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Planner / Buyer or Junior Account Manager - Media Agency - Branding Clients Silverdrum Up to £35,000 + benefits, London