Wikimedia hires Moeller as deputy director
LONDON - The Wikimedia Foundation, the not-for-profit organisation set up to create free-content web projects, has hired Erik Moeller for its newly created deputy director position.
Moeller has been involved in editing, contributing to and developing projects at the Wikimedia Foundation since 2001.
He joins from Netherlands-based Stichting Open Progress, the not-for-profit legal arm behind OmegaWiki, where he was chief technology officer.
He will now be responsible for leading the development and execution of Wikimedia's technical strategy and other projects and initiatives.
During his time at Stichting Open Progress, Moeller managed a team of developers for the implementation of OmegaWiki, and also provided hosting for several Wiki communities, including WikiEducator.org.
He has been involved with the Wikimedia Foundation since 2001 as an editor and contributor, and was instrumental in the launch of Wikinews and Wikimedia Commons.
As part of his fulltime joining, Moeller has resigned his post as board member of the Wikimedia Board of Trustees, and will join the organisation's staff in San Francisco.
Earlier this week, Jimmy Wales, founder of online encyclopaedia Wikipedia, unveiled a new community-oriented search engine, called Wikia Search, which allows members to rate search results and improve relevancy for other users.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London