Puffin backs classics relaunch with online and retail push
LONDON - Publisher Penguin is launching a major on- and offline marketing campaign to promote the Puffin Classics collection, which includes books such as 'Treasure Island', 'The Wizard of Oz' and 'Oliver Twist'.
It is relaunching the series in March with newly designed jackets and new introductions, written by authors including Eoin Colfer, Meg Rosoff and Sophie Dahl.
Penguin is presently recording a series of podcasts featuring that authors that have written introductions. These will be hosted on the Penguin and Puffin websites, as well as on a partner website yet to be signed up.
There will also be a new book, 'The PuffinCyclopedia of Children's Classics', distributed in libraries and at events, with extracts from the books, film and television trivia and other information to help inspire more children to read books in the series.
It will not be sold, but can be used as a promotional tool. Retailers who have ordered stock include Waterstone's, Borders and WH Smith. There are also plans to give away 100,000 in a national newspaper, but the title has not been named yet.
Francesca Dow, managing director of Puffin Books, said: "The Puffin Classics are some of the oldest but the best stories for children ever written. We're very excited to be relaunching them again for readers of today in their smart new livery so that they can sit, where they belong, alongside the very best contemporary children's authors."
It is the first time that the books have been rejacketed since the 1990s, and co-incides with the National Year of Reading, which is backed by the National Literacy Trust and the Reading Agency.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...