The Week: Best of the blogs
Is Jon Williams a threat?
This is Jon Williams, formerly a digital creative director ... who just got hired to be executive creative director of one of Britain's biggest above-the-line agencies. OK, so it's only Grey. Nevertheless, one has to ask, does this news not represent a massive threat to all above-the-line creatives, or, more accurately, to all above-the-line creatives without digital expertise and experience? - http://scampblog.blogspot.com/
According to Campaign, Williams has looked after lots of kinds of creative departments. Sounds like he could be the archetypal "modern" creative director. - Rjhayter
There's long been a pecking order in this country. There were those who did poster, press and "films", and then there was everyone else. Now the "everyone else" are hammering on the walls like the zombies outside the pub in Shaun of the Dead. Hope you've got a shotgun. - Anonymous
While none of the US agencies have gone out and hired a digital CD for ATL work, they make lots of noise about how digitally savvy they are, to the point that you'd think it pained them to have to do a TV spot. They all want to do digital if it means making a TV ad that gets posted to YouTube and goes "viral". If you were Grey, wouldn't you try something like that to shake things up? It's not like all sorts of top-notch ATL creatives are lining up to take that job. - Toad.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...